With Novamid® ID 1030 material for Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF), you can produce parts almost indistinguishable from those produced with standard injection molding.
This open source filament material is a pure polyamide 6/ 66, and was originally developed many years ago by our Engineering Plastics experts for demanding specialty applications often subjected to harsh environment and high temperatures (up to 125ºC). Adjusted to 3D-print easily, Novamid® ID1030 filaments bring a unique combination of properties, including outstanding stiffness and ductility, across a range of applications – from transportation, to sports and electronics. Their optimized crystallization profile improves fusion, enabling parts with excellent interlayer strength and high surface quality.
Novamid® ID1030 is well-suited for durable applications requiring good mechanical properties.
- Electronics – Benchtop assembly jigs, custom parts specific storage
- Sports & lifestyle
General printing guidelines
|Nozzle size: ≥ 0.25mm||Layer height: ≥ 0.1mm *||Flow rate: ± 100%|
|Print temp: ± 220 – 245° C *||Print speed: Medium / High *||Retraction: Depends|
|Heat bed: ± 60 – 120° C *||Fan speed: 0%||Printing surface: PEI Sheet/DimaFix|
|Enclosed printer needed: Yes||Heated Build Chamber: Preferred||Experience level: Intermediate|
- Above displayed settings are meant as guidance to find your optimal print settings. These ranges in settings should work for most printers, but please do feel free to experiment outside these ranges if you think it is suitable for your printer. There are a lot of different type of printers, hot-ends and printer offsets that it is extremely difficult to give an overall one-size-fits-all setting.
- First layer : 100 – 150% of first layer thickness.
- Novamid® can be used with a range of nozzle temperature (220–245 °C / 428–473°F). Preferred temperature to print your object is 230°C / 446°F. To generate a homogeneous melt, the melt temperature should always be above 225°C / 437°F. Optimal mechanical properties will be achieved at melt temperature between (225-245 °C / 437°F–473°F).
- Print speed: 50 – 100 mm/s (obeying the maximal throughput in cm3/s of the extruder). Print speed for “normal” nozzle size (0.4mm) and layer height (0.2mm), for other values print speed should be adjusted accordingly!
- Do only remove printed object from print bed when print bed has cooled down to ambient temperatures, as otherwise printed part can deform severely.
- Retraction dependent on printer type and filament diameter.
|ρ: 1.11 g/cc||50 gr coil||0.5 Kg spool|
|Ø 1.75mm||± 18.7m||± 187m|
|Ø 2.85mm||± 7.1m||± 71m|
Storage and conditioning
Novamid® ID1030 grades are supplied in airtight, moisture-proof packaging at a moisture level <0.05 w%.
In order to prevent moisture pick up and contamination, supplied packaging should be kept closed and undamaged. For the same reason, partially used bags should be sealed before re-storage. Allow the material that has been stored elsewhere to adapt to the temperature in the processing room while keeping the bag closed. To prevent moisture condensing on filaments, bring cold filaments up to ambient temperature in the print shop while keeping the packaging closed.
In case the filament has become wet, it should be dried. Using a hot air oven at 80°C for at least 4h is recommended. When storing the filament after printing, it is advised to seal the bag and add silica gel to the bag to keep the filament as dry as possible.
DSM Plastics Finder
For more technical information and guidelines please visit DSM Plastics Finder.
Product export information
|HS Code: 39169090||Description: Monofilament||Country of origin: the Netherlands|
This filament is compliant to below listed directives and regulations.
- RoHS directive 2011/65/EC
- REACH directive 1907/2006/EC
This declaration of conformity to directives and regulations is prepared according to our present standard of knowledge and may be amended if new cognitions are available and applies only for the above described products.
Our Distribution centres are working very closely with courier partners to make sure deliveries are made on time during the Coronavirus pandemic. Warehouse is working at normal capacity at this stage. However, due to the current situation in Victoria regarding COVID-19 and the impacts of the floods in the South Coast of NSW, some courier delays at this time are expected.
We seek your kind understanding during this period. Below are some updates from our courier partners for your reference.Allied Express:
WA-Please be advised we are currently experiencing delays in the Metropolitan areas due to stormy weather conditions.
Our Bendigo agent is closed for deep cleaning today, and consequently no freight in that area or North West Victoria will be delivered today. Freight will move as normal tomorrow.
Due to the Flooding to the South Coast of NSW we are doubtful freight will travel today.
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or need more information.